- TWA Members
- Aberlour 12 Year Old Double Cask Matured Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Aberlour 12 Year Old Non Chill Filtered Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Aberlour 16 Year Old Double Cask Matured Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Aberlour 18 Year Old Double Cask Matured Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Aberlour A’Bunadh matured in Spanish oloroso sherry butts Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Highland Park
- Highspire Whiskey
- Johnnie Walker
- Lot No. 40
- The Glenrothes
- TWA Members
- Location: Banffshire, Aberlour, Banffshire AB38 9PJ, Scotland
- Expressions: Aberlour 12 Year Old Double Cask Matured, Aberlour 12 Year Old Non Chill Filtered, Aberlour 16 Year Old Double Cask Matured, Aberlour A’Bunadh matured in Spanish oloroso sherry butts, Aberlour 18 Year Old Double Cask Matured
- Visiting: for distillery visits information go to www.aberlour.com/us/distillery
- Website: www.aberlour.com/us
James Fleming, son of a local tenant farmer and supplier of grain to local distilleries, built Aberlour Distillery in 1879. A daring modernist, Fleming spared no expense and personally supervised every detail of the distillery’s design and construction. Instead of steam, the new distillery was entirely powered by a waterwheel driven by the rushing Lour burn . He was wise enough to realize that although the secret of his whisky lay in the spring waters, its quality depended on cared the craftsmen of Aberlour. Unusual for the era, he took it upon himself to improve their lives – as well as playing an active part in the community, he built the town hall and funded a cottage hospital. Moved by the loss of young lives in the dangerous ferry across the Spey, he even provided in his will for a suspension bridge, the Penny Brig.
Fleming’s presence remains very much alive in the village today, as does his ethos. The words at the entrance of Aberlour House, a radically experimental village school in its day, speak for the community as a whole: “There is more in you than you think”.
At the distillery, you find the same wisdom and skills, honed by long experience – the current 18 year-old was distilled and laid down to mature by craftsmen who still work there.