- TWA Members
- Highland Park
- Highspire Whiskey
- Johnnie Walker
- Lot No. 40
- Old Potrero
- TWA Members
- Location: Highland Park Distillery, Holm Road, Kirkwall, Orkney KW15 1SU
- Expressions: Highland Park 12 Year Old, Highland Park 15 Year Old, Highland Park 18 Year Old, Highland Park Dark Origins
- Visiting: Distillery tours are available. Go to http://highlandpark.co.uk/visit for information on all available tours. Visit www.tnenyc.com/contact to register.
- Website: www.highlandpark.co.uk
There is honesty in Highland Park. It is a whisky which exudes balance and complexity in every glass. Highland Park is made today with the same enduring belief and integrity, to the same exacting standards, as it always has been.
The established attitude at Highland Park is one of custodianship rather than management. We value the traditions of whisky making, embracing innovation only when there is a genuine benefit to the whisky.
Highland Park is deemed by many whisky lovers to be one of the greatest single malts in the world. This appreciation is no fluke; it is based on an unbroken tradition of whisky-making stretching back to Magnus Eunson’s original distillery back in 1798. Respect is earned, and more than 215 years of distilling tradition, attention to detail and honesty has achieved just that.
The quality of Highland Park single malt Scotch whisky is based on five Keystones:
- Hand Turned Malt – Highland Park is one of a handful of distilleries where the time-consuming and exhausting process of turning malt is carried out by hand. This adds to the balanced layers of aromatic character found in our whiskies.
- Aromatic Peat – The delicate floral smokiness comes from using aromatic Orkney peat from the distillery’s own moor during the malting process.
- Sherry Oak Casks – Highland Park is exclusively matured in the best quality ex-oloroso sherry seasoned oak casks which impart a distinctive richness to the whisky. American oak sherry casks give vanilla and butterscotch flavors while Spanish oak sherry casks give rich color and fruit character.
- Cool Maturation – A temperate climate results in a relatively even maturation, resulting in a smooth character single malt.